What We Stand For
A platform for the so-called American Fraction of the Left Communist
International. It was written by D.A. and appeared in the
January-February 1949 issue of International Bulletin. This issue and
others (which also contain this platform) are available on
- Our conception of the world and the society proper to it is that of
Marx’s scientific socialism.
- For the reconstitution of a Revolutionary International against the
Internationals of Betrayal (Social Democracy, Stalinism,
- Against collaboration with the bourgeois and pseudo-proletarian
parties which uphold the false and deceitful banner of “true democracy.”
Therefore we oppose the “united front” which is a front opposed to the
- We denounce as counter-revolutionary, every movement which, with an
eye to easier agitation and electoral success views parliamentary
decisions as useful. During electoral campaigns we continue the
agitation for the general historic aims of the working class. We do not
take the least responsibility for the pseudo-proletarian parties
(Stalinist, Socialist, Trotskyite, or Laborite).
- The trade unions of the C.I.O. and A.F.L., Railroad Brotherhoods and
“Independent Unions,” are part of the legal apparatus of the Capitalist
State. Working class unity will be achieved on the basis of the platform
of the party of the revolution, and, under its leadership, within those
organisms, created in the revival of the proletarian class
- The farm-workers are the class brothers of the Industrial workers
and must be won to a position of class-solidarity.
- All so-called movements of colonial independence have an Imperialist
base. There does not exist for the colonial and semi-colonial areas, any
longer, the problem of a bourgeois revolution. The only road is
- The proletariat must work for the defeat of its own bourgeoisie and
its satellites in the advanced industrial sectors of world capitalism,
as well as for the defeat of its own bourgeoisie and satellites in the
colonial and semi-colonial areas of world capitalism, in time of
- The defeat of the bourgeoisie, on a world scale, accomplished
through the civil war of the proletariat, under the guidance and
leadership of the Revolutionary International Party, will be the
beginning of the Socialist Reorganization of Society under the
Dictatorship of the Proletariat.
- The Dictatorship of the Proletariat, will serve as the transition to
the classless society of Socialism, where the State will cease to exist,
and Government and Tyranny, the history of the past.
- The Dictatorship of the Proletariat is not to be understood as a
defense of the Soviet Union. On the contrary, the Dictatorship of the
Proletariat will arise in Russia, which is now an Imperialist State,
through Socialist Revolution.